Original No.3 Beef Jerky and Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Half of a 2.15oz bag of Original No. 3 Beef Jerky, Shredded
- 4 1/2 dozen brussel sprouts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
How to Prepare Your Dish
- Shred the Original No. 3 Beef Jerky.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and orange into a large bowl with the shallots. Pour the oil into the bowl in a steady stream, whisking to form an emulsion (it should appear more creamy and less transparent). Season generously with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a mandoline, shave the brussel sprouts (not including the stems) into thin slices to make a shredded/slaw texture.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until chopped coarsely. Add 1 cup of the almonds, cheese, and Original No. 3 beef jerky to the shredded brussel sprouts; toss to combine. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing and sprinkle remaining almonds, cheese, and Original No. 3 beef jerky over the top. If needed, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil and toss.